Thanks -> was:Knoppix 3.1 in German

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 5 12:33:28 UTC 2004

Chris Aitken wrote:

> I'm confused. Knoppix 3.1 Live boots in English, runs in English, I
> ran knx-hdinstall in English, it boots in English, lilo is in English,
> login is in English, then everything is in German. How can I install
> or run so that knoppix 3.1 (or KDE) runs in English?

Thanks for the help. There are GUI tools for both the keyboard (KDE
Keyboard Tool) and KDE (Control Centre > Personalization > Country &
Language). Everything is in English now and persisting from login-to-login.

I may have finally found in knoppix 3.4 Live (hard disk installation) an
OS I can call "home" (I know I've said that before). It has Open Office,
Mozilla Messenger (unlike SuSE 9.1 Personal), cups printing works
"out-of-the-box" (unlike knoppix 3.4) and lots of music software!

Of course lilo refuses to see the Windows 98 SE partition - it saw it
while running live off the CD but the hard disk installation doesn't see
it. I'll research that a little before I trouble this list again.

Chris

<snip>