Shrinking the size of images in gimp

Devin Whalen devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 4 15:39:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 11:19, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On August 4, 2004 10:57 am, Devin Whalen wrote:
>
> > I know I should RTFM for this but I don't really have time.  I am at
> > work and I want to email some pictures, however the file sizes are too
> > big.  I know that you can shrink the size of a file in Photoshop...but
> > is there a way in gimp?  I have gimp 2.0.  I really don't want to have
> > to shut down everything and boot up windows just to do this :).  Thanks
> > for any help.
>
> Not sure about gimp.  I get my wife to use kpaint, it's brain-dead simple to
> use ;-)  Personally I'd go with imagemagick as suggested by Chris.

Wow!  Thanks for all the replies everyone...and quick too :).  I kinda
figured there would be more too it than that...but oh, well...whatever
works ;).

I have been wondering about batch resizing though, so I could write a
program to do to many pictures at once...so maybe imagemagick would do
the trick.

Later

--
Devin Whalen