Speeding up Spam Assassin

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 4 14:06:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, jim ruxton wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone have any advice on speeding up spam filtering. I'm using
> SpamAssassin with Evolution on Fedora 1. I've set up my rules to filter
> out my lists first then I use spamc then finally spamassassin to get

Hi Jim.  Spamc/spamd uses the same ruleset as the spamassassin perl script
by default.  I think this is unnecessary duplication.  Of course
spamc/spamd could be configured differently to spamassassin but that
really would be unnecessary complexity in most cases.

> anything spamc misses. It takes about 10-15 seconds per message
> sometimes for spamc to determine whether a message is spam. Any
> suggestions how I can speed this up?

Ordinarily I'd recommend spamc/spamd over spamassassin as they are so much
faster but you are already using using spamc/spamd.

So I'd say drop spamassaassin as a follow-up to spamc/spamd.

Cheers,
	Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org