debian dependecy hell

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 3 19:34:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:10:46PM -0400, Stephen Allen wrote:
> I agree aptitude is the 'way to go' as opposed to apt-get. Aptitude can be run
> from the command line much like apt-get, without using the ncurses interface (if
> one wishes).

I just managed to get Debian Testing installed on my NetWinder, and Aptitude seems
to be the default package management tool for the installer.  I'm quite happy with
it!

I'm happy to say that the installation went very smoothly, after several hours of
fighting to get the installer to run in the first place.  I'll be feeding back to
the Testing people about that shortly.

--
taa
/*eof*/