Stores that carry SuSE

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 28 23:07:40 UTC 2004

Byron Sonne wrote:
>> On one package I  bought a while ago, the customs
>> clearance charges (brokerage charges, not Revenue Canada) exceeded the
>> cost of the item.
>

> I hear ya... Free fuckin' Trade my ass...

This has nothing to do with Revenue Canada or the U.S. side of things or
free trade.  It has to do with companies bringing an item through
customs and charging a lot for their effort.  If it comes via Canada
Post, you don't get anywhere near that charge.  For that matter, there's
no duty IIRC on  software and wasn't before free trade either.  GST is
due though.  I just have a problem understanding how it costs a company
$35 to bring a box across the border on a truck, with very little effort
on their part. Also the charge varies considerably with the express
company.  UPS has got to be about the worst.