Stores that carry SuSE

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 28 02:11:39 UTC 2004

Phillip Mills wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 27, 2004, at 09:08 PM, James Knott wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of stores that carry SuSE Linux?  I'd hate to have to
>> order from the states, if it's available locally.
>

> I haven't looked lately, but when I bought my 8.1 Pro release it came
> from the UofT bookstore.  It was even available from Future Shop at that
> time, but they were a release (or so) out-of-date.

Don't you have to be a student, faculty or staff to buy at the UoT book
store?  SuSE 9.0 is about the same price as at Ryerson, but according to
both web sites, the stores are not open to others, not even alumni.  It
seems strange, I can use the Ryerson library and other facilities, but
not the book store.  :-(