banks 'n' browser revisited: The sorry tale of HSBC Canada

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 27 13:33:10 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 09:55, Stewart C. Russell wrote:

> A couple of years back, Evan Leibovitch put up a very useful page based
> on a discussion that started on this very list:
> <http://www.starnix.com/b-n-b.html>. Banks 'n' Browsers shows which
> banks worked with which browsers.

I use President's Choice and (the last time that I checked) their website
forces me to pretend that I was using IE.  This is really irritating.

Rather than trying another email exchange with them I think it would be a good
idea to resurrect a list/site such as Evan put together.  Perhaps expand it
to allow much more detail.

I'm not sure that Evan has the time (Evan?) but I'd be willing to put some
time into it.  banksthatsuck.ca is available :-)

> actively blocks Linux browsers. They upgraded it on the weekend, and
> even though they claim to support Netscape 7.1, it's blocking on the
> fact that it doesn't find Windows or Mac in the user-agent string.

Have you found any reason for their browser check, use of activex would
eliminate Linux as a viable platformfor example.

> Happy Earth Day, btw!

A belated happy earth day to you too, I look forward to the trees that I
planted being 30 metres tall.