Internet "Brown-out???"

Mike Kirk mike.kirk-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 25 19:39:52 UTC 2004

> >I'm noticing that things are not entirely "responding well" this
> >afternoon.
>
> I am experiencing the exact same issues described below.  Alas, I am
> also with Sympatico.

I'm on Sympatico as well, and have noticed the same thing. Google/Yahoo
resolve in DNS but are unavailable. Various Gentoo master rsync servers are
reachable while others are not. About 90% of my bookmarks work, and of the
10% that don't work I know several of them did work earlier this morning.

If I could VPN to work, I could piggyback their (non-Sympatico) connection
for awhile, but alas I can't reach them either :)

Some large downloads I started yesterday are still chugging along, so it
seems whatever is wrong is upstream of my immediate system and DSL line.

Guess I'll just wait it out....

Regards.