Why wrap @ 80?

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 24 02:20:05 UTC 2004

On 21:26 Fri 23 Apr     , Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Mutt, elm, etc do NOT wrap the reply section, so it should have been
> formatted already.  Don't assume anything will ever autowrap, so make
> sure what you send is readable by everyone.

It is fairly trivial to configure mutt or elm to wrap long lines. I
don't know what the problem is. I use mutt happily and only wrap lines
for groups that recommend it. The result is that for those particulur
groups you end up with horrible carriage returns in the text, making it
particularized for a specifific terminal setting. This is no good in my
opinion. With due respect, this mutt user like unwrapped text.

Noah
--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"