extracting text from PDF file

fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 22 20:44:40 UTC 2004

It is one of the NBIB pressure valve certification pdf's that can be had at:

http://nationalboard.org/Redbook/redbook.html

unfortunately you have to go via Gatesware to get them (self extracting
exe).

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0 at public.gmane.org.ca
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:59:19 -0400
To: tlug-9T/cS7aRwQ8 at public.gmane.orgs.org
Subject: Re: [TLUG]: extracting text from PDF file

Are you able to disclose the document that you are trying to convert? I
wonder if Redhat hasn't disabled some functionality in pdftotext. I use
the app all the time to view pdf attachments on my console. To test
again, I downloaded a random pdf document and it worked very well.

I would be interested to see if there are documents that are internally
limited or if this is something imposed by Redhat.

Noah

--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"