Q: Mailbox format

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 22 04:15:09 UTC 2004

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Anton Markov wrote:
>
>>Well, I am don't know much about the actual formats, but the argument
>>that having many small files is a performance penalty can easily be
>>eliminated by using a specially-designed file system like reiserfs which
>>can handle small files well.
>

> So, without reiserfs, the argument still hold?

That's not exactly what I said. What I meant was that reiserfs has been
used successfully on mail/news servers with good performance benefits. I
would think there is more than one factor effecting the performance.

Like I said, I am not an expert on this.

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***