Auto Reply (agian)

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 22 02:53:22 UTC 2004

> On Wednesday 21 April 2004 21:44, you wrote:
> > Hate to repeat myself. Well, this stuff is annoying. I had 10 of them
> > today. Can we do something about it???
>
> Write once per day and you are goint to receive one reply only.
>
> ;)

And this is actually a fairly good idea.

On some Usenet newsgroups, I hold myself to at most an article a week,
due to the probability of threads accelerating out of control.

The TLUG list has historically spun "out of control" when people have
started posting continuous responses to one another.  A couple hours of
that and people come home with the irritating result of 75
back-and-forth flames.

It's pretty useful to keep traffic down to a dull roar by NOT sending 10
messages out each day...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/oses.html