Killing spam

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 20 14:48:31 UTC 2004

I use spamassassin and it seems to work well. It is pretty easy to set
up too. You will want to personalize the filtering engine on SA so that
it deletes what you consider spam. I 'delete' all spam into a spam
directory. On the first 'training' I had around 1000 messages. Now I use
cron to run the SA trainer nightly. So far the software works really
well for me. There are many helpful Howtos online as well.

Another package you might want to look at is Bogofilter. You can use it
in combination with SA too if you want.

Noah

On 10:09 Tue 20 Apr     , Lance F. Squire wrote:
> What's the best/easy spam filter out there right now.
>
> I've heard of Spam Assassin. Is that the one to go with?
>
> Lance

Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"