My usb_storage script.

Sergey Kuznetsov skuznets-WRMZ5ucGVl4BXFe83j6qeQ== at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 19 17:07:41 UTC 2004

Hi Anton,

In file /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap suppose to be two lines:
first line starts from: # usb
second line starts from:  storage

As well you should check if /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug file have line
/sbin/hotplug, and if not just put in your rc.local line:
echo /sbin/hotplug > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

In my case it was /dev/null and only that line helped me to fix the issue.

On April 17, 2004 12:27 pm, Anton Markov wrote:

--
All the Best!
Sergey Kuznetsov