debian package management

Mark Wadden mark-/2gyfjYZF1k= at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 19 17:51:18 UTC 2004

Hey all,

Without sparking a religious war here, I'd like to know what people
think of Debian's package upgrade process, compared to say Red Hat
Network or SuSE's YaST/YOU.

I've always been one to just reinstall for a major upgrade instead of
attempting to merge versions (i.e. going from RH7.3 to 9.0) but hearing
things like "You'll never have to reinstall again!" sounds promising.
Question is, does it really hold up?  Does it leave a mess behind?

thanks for the feedback...

-mark