fstab

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg== at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 18 16:20:46 UTC 2004

> In my fstab file I have several lines starting with "none'. Are these lines
> needed and what is the purpose?

Many of these are special devices for accessing the kernel or drivers...
In mine I have:

none                    /dev/pts             devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                 sysfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm             tmpfs   defaults        0 0