Toronto Star today

Ilya Palagin ilyapalagin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 17 21:55:59 UTC 2004

Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On Monday 12 April 2004 10:43, G. Matthew Rice wrote:
>

>>Well, my favourite story lately has been:
>>
>>        http://news.com.com/2008-1082-5065859.html
>>
>>That's one guy that isn't running back to M$ anytime soon.
>

> Great story, hadn't heard that one.

Yes, the story is good, but there is on wrong thing: "Windows 98 not
being supported, NT not being supported, OS/2 not being supported--if
you're a decision maker in the IT field, you need to be able to look at
Linux as something that's going to continue to be supported."  And he
choosed RedHat, it was a fatal mistake! These guys discontinue support
of their products much sooner, then M$ does!  The worst thing is that
many software manufacturers are RH oriented, so today in many cases one
has to choose either expensive RH Enterprise or crude Fedore (I doubt
that current version will be still supported in 2 years).