hosting suggestions

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 16 20:45:48 UTC 2004

> Hey this is almost off-topic, but can someone recommend a web hosting
> company to me.  I'm about to dump my *second* supplier because they
> implied that they'd offer me ssh access to my account, but now won't.
>
> Required:
> - ssh
> - imap/smtp
> - ftp
> - httpd with perl/cgi
> - 500 MB storage, 10 GB/mo transfer (or more)
> - cheap (>$200 per year)
>
> Would be nice if it was a Canadian company too...
> dotcanada.com has all of those things minus ssh access, and installing
> typo3 over ftp is just about killing me!

Canadian companies are in avaerage more expensive than these from USA.

Take a dedicated server. You will be free to do there whatever you want, and
what a joy to work as a root on a machine is entirely yours!

I use netmar.com . Have the chepest possible server there, for something
like 30 US$ per month (though, may be, this cost is not valid anymore for
new clients).

zb.