Powering Off

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 14 23:24:45 UTC 2004

> Both 'modprobe apci' and 'modprobe apm' returned no modules found. Is
> this something I need to do in the kernel, or can I install the modules?
>
> I'm checking into some of the errors others asked me about, but I'm not
> near the PC just yet.

did you do the modprobe commands as 'root'?

go to the /lib/modules directory and see if you have the module somewhere:
cd /lib/modules
find -type f -name *apm*
find -type f -name *acpi*

See if that returns anything.
If you have a standard distro setup you should have the module already
somewhere.  If you built your own kernel, you'll have to enable and build
the module.

-Jing