the problem with Linux?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 20:16:35 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 16:02, Rob Sutherland wrote:

> > I can understand that but in my experience it's not that important, also
> > I'm surprised that your clients would know what Fedora is.
>
> I'd be surpised if they did as well...I'm actually thinking not so much of
> my current clients, who are mainly SME's, and are, as you say, completely
> uninterested but of the (hopefully) emerging market for larger corporate
> and government datacenter implementations/conversions. Those are people who
> do select on buzzwords, at least until you get through the HR people and
> the PHB types and into the techies :-)

2 out of the last 3 or 4 Debian conversions were companies with 200-300
employees.  Perhaps not considered "enterprise" but large companies in my
mind.  You're right though, the larger the company the more likely they'll
want buzzwords (.NET, Java, whatever), I'm lucky in that I deal almost
entirely with people who have reasonable technical knowledge :-)