Problem upgrading Linux 7.2 to 9

Lloyd Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 18:29:25 UTC 2004

On 12-Apr-04, at 13:08, Jose wrote:

> Ps the file I copy was libdb.so.2
>
> Hi Gentlemen and Ladies.
>
> I am trying to upgrade from Linux 7.2  to 9.0, but when it comes to the
> part of  reading/finding packages to upgrade it gets stuck and freezes
> the process
What distribution? Fairly unanimously we will recommend backup ,
then new install , particularly when skipping intermediate releases.

> I've been trying to configure Openldap 2.1 and it won't work as well,
> it
> just won't take not even the sample database, it always gives me error
> messages that it does not recognize the database.
I do not know anything about OpenLDAP , but one subject per email ;-)
and I imagine you will want to provide more details.

Cheers,
Lloyd

PS. Please try not to reply to unrelated threads , as "smart" mail
clients
will thread it with the other discussion.