Problem upgrading Linux 7.2 to 9

Jose jose-vS8X3Ji+8Wg6e3DpGhMbh2oLBQzVVOGK at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 12 15:34:50 UTC 2004

Hi Gentlemen and Ladies.

I am trying to upgrade from Linux 7.2  to 9.0, but when it comes to the
part of  reading/finding packages to upgrade it gets stuck and freezes
the process, this server in particular got problems before when I tried
to install Apple zone on this computer, had to play around with it until
we handle to make it to work, I believe something got wrong during all
the playing with installing and uninstalling RPM for that software, for
a while KDE rpm package wouldn't load until I got a copy of    from
another Linux server (which btw is not the same version, it's 6.2) and
Gnomerpm just won't load at all.  Any ideas or suggestions?

I've been trying to configure Openldap 2.1 and it won't work as well, it
just won't take not even the sample database, it always gives me error
messages that it does not recognize the database.

I would appreciate any hints.

Jose