kdm & gdm problems (sad story gets longer)

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 12 16:30:22 UTC 2004

Fraser Campbell wrote:

>Did you try what I suggested yet:
>
>  echo /usr/bin/startkde > ~/.xsession

No, I hadn't, and I don't seem to have startkde, either ! (at least,
nowhere under /usr)

>If I were you I'd do a full upgrade to Debian's testing version.

I'm currently running (on three cylinders) unstable.

>Unfortunately, due to knoppix being in the mix, if you aren't comfortable
>with the intricacies of apt and dpkg that might be a bigger bite than you can
>chew :-(

You could be right, Fraser, there seems to be a considerable amount of
choking going on ! Thanks for your suggestions, if you have any further
thoughts, fire 'em in !
djp