Toronto Star today

talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 12 14:34:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> Interesting Toronto Star business section today.  All articles (5 pages) in
> the business section are about Linux with one exception.  Is this a
> reflection of the level of Linux hype, the sad state of the Star or just a
> very, very slow news day ;-)
>
> The articles were fair, IMO.  It looks like most of the articles are online
> for those that don't get the star (go to http://www.thestar.com/ and check
> the Business section).

Did you miss Thursday's Report on Business in the Globe and Mail?

Five pages of decent Linux reporting, followed by the obligatory one page
ad from Microsoft. Included in the marketing piece was a story about one
Linux installation that overloaded the network when 300+ terminals
(workstations?) were upgraded at once.

I'd love to hear the whole story on that one. Can we start a Top Ten list
of how many ways an inexperience adminstrator might have screwed that one
up?

So this customer ended up scurrying back to Microsoft. I bet that's a
story that gets rolled out often.

Alex