Filename conversion

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 11 15:11:21 UTC 2004

You can deal with spaces by using an escape character.

eg:
ls Set1\ 00?.png

You can also do a simple bash loop to rename all of them to strip the
space.

eg:
for file in Set1*; do mv "$file" Set1${file##Set1\ }; done

The above will rename all file like "Set1 001.png" to "Set1001.png"

Note that the quotes around $file are important, to preserve the space
as part of the filename when $file gets expanded.

-Jing