wireless problems: acx100

Phil Kay pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 10 21:07:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 11:24, Stewart C. Russell wrote:

> Taking eth0 down and bringing eth1 up results in no network.
>
> I know zilch about networking, I'm afraid. Help would be gratefully
> received.
>
> thanks,
>   Stewart

I'll respond to one of your earlier posts: I use a TrendNet TEW-221PC
cardbus card and found that it works great.  The manufacturer even
provides a Linux Driver on their website.  (Precompiled for RedHat 9 or
you can compile your own.)  Kismet has just released a new version with
support for these cards.

Also, I have found with wireless card (my own and a friends SMC pcmcia
card) that if you ifdown and ifup a wireless card it will drop the
iwconfig settings.  So, I set the parameters with iwconfig and get
access to the access point, and then use dhclient to get an ip.  It
works pretty well with WEP or without.
--
Phil Kay <pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>