Relaying mail over Rogers

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 10 18:57:54 UTC 2004

A little unrelated, but I set up a slightly simpler scheme, but use
ssmtp to relay mail to my ISP (golden.net) smtp server. The reason that
I went this route was to avoid my mail getting filtered by other systems
as spam. I am given to understand that this is becoming increasingly
common. I initially tried a different method of sending and found that
60% or so of my mail wasn't received by the receipients, but I received
to error. Very crappy.

My scheme is to use fetchmail -> spamassassin -> bogofilter -> procmail
-> Courier-Imap via maildir -> mutt/evolution/mozilla mail/etc

As I mentioned I do very little as to smtp, using ssmtp in mutt and
typically straight to my ISP for the other mail clients.

--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"