SCSI problem

Jason Shein jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 10 06:36:04 UTC 2004

Byron Sonne wrote:

>> I have a HP Kayak XU800, with on-board Adaptec aic-7892 scsi. Has
>> anyone here ever run into this and figured out a workaround?
>

> There are two modules/drivers, or so I recall, for aic-7xxx... one
> older and one is newer. Do find /lib -name "aic*.o", I came up with
> aic7xxx_old.o and aic7xxx.o.
>
> I honestly don't know if it will make a difference for you, I've
> either one at various points and not really noticed a difference...
> but perhaps there is something particular to your situation that would
> be fixed by changing. If it does make a difference, post back to the
> list and let me know as I've always wondered about the two versions of
> the module.

Tried both, with slightly dirrefernt results. The new driver just hangs,
but the older driver makes the drives work for 2 or 3 minutes before it
hangs. Still with the same result. I cant install.

--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"