the problem with Linux?

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 21:38:22 UTC 2004

I am searching for a distro with nice defaults to use as a desktop
system. I use Gentoo as a server and like it a lot. As a desktop though
I had difficulties getting it working the way that I wanted it. I think
that it is mostly a question of time, which I won't have till the
summer. I tried Debian, but ran into a number of problems with my mouse
not working and the default settings are horribly ugly. I didn't have
the time to spend to get the machine looking half decent. This summer I
will move to either Debian or Gentoo I think. In the past I have tried
Mandrake and didn't like it because many of the drake tools didn't work
at all. I used to use Slackware, but haven't tried it for years.
Noah

--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"