the problem with Linux?

SRB srb-s8PdfxpoPdHk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 15:07:49 UTC 2004

> Sure.  This is the first time I've heard anyone suggest problems with
> package management in many many years.
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm interested in finding out which distro and package management system
you, and others, feel is the cleanest, most efficient and easiest for
newbies (like myself) to grasp. I, like many, am anxious to break away from
M$, but I have experienced a fair share of difficulties when it comes to
upgrading/installing/uninstalling software efficiently in Linux. When things
work, they work very well, but when they do not, sometimes it is confusing
and difficult for newbies to find the solution (other than asking here, that
is).

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS: I finally got my badge for RealWorld Linux in the mail...

-Steve.