recommendations for a DVD burner

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 11:43:23 UTC 2004

On Sunday 04 April 2004 16:10, Mel Seder wrote:

> I'd like to get a CD-ROM/DVD burner so that I only have to make a one
> install disk for a FEDORA CORE 2 installation.

It depends on whether you want cheap or good.  If you want the best I would
suggest the Plextor 708A.  The plextor is still pretty expensive compared to
most other drives but I think it's worth paying for the quality.  I've seen
it advertised around 250 CDN recently, once it hits 200 I'm buying,

There is a writeup about the Plextor on Anandtech
(http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.html?i=1864&p=1).