recommendations for a DVD burner

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 02:41:05 UTC 2004

I can't see this having much if anything to do with the distribution
you're running.

The adoption of generic ATA/IDE interfacing for CD and DVD drives means
that if they are using ATA/IDE interfaces, it is highly probable that
it'll "just work."

  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/dvd.html
  http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

I have had good success with multiple models of Pioneer DVD writers.

There is something of a known problem with some LG drives...
  http://lwn.net/Articles/55537/

LG has apparently implemented something that doesn't comply with ATAPI
standards, so there is a risk of destroying the drive if you send the
wrong commands to it...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/wp.html