list etiquette

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 4 03:00:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:23:14 -0500 (EST)
talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org disseminated the following:

> I'm on a couple of lists, and because my E-Mail address is
> 5-6 years old it is on several spammers lists, so I typically have to wade
> through 50-100 E-Mails in a day.

LOL! That's just my spam count for the day...

joehill-ZIJyqw/fGic at public.gmane.org:~>$grep -c "03 Apr" ~/logs/deleted.log
58
joehill-ZIJyqw/fGic at public.gmane.org:~>$grep -c "02 Apr" ~/logs/deleted.log
62
joehill-ZIJyqw/fGic at public.gmane.org:~>$grep -c "01 Apr" ~/logs/deleted.log
55
joehill-ZIJyqw/fGic at public.gmane.org:~>$grep -c "31 Mar" ~/logs/deleted.log
113

...and that's only what Mailfilter caught, procmail (too lazy to figure
out how to grep my procmail log...) probably adds another 10 or 20 a day that I
don't see, and then there's the few that get through. Noticed it really spike
there around end of March, seems to be dropping off now, praise be.

What would that command be, anyway, for the procmail log? I tried:

joehill-ZIJyqw/fGic at public.gmane.org:~>$grep -c "Mar 31" `grep /dev/null -C 1 ~/Procmail/pmlog`
-bash: /bin/grep: Argument list too long

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046