Motherboard recommendation?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 14:45:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 06:10:40PM -0500, Kerry Panchoo wrote:
> Any word on the P4S800? i have a friend complaining about LAN support on
> Redhat 9.0- i'm hoping its only a case of getting a new kernel/updated
> drivers etc.

Eww, I just realized the S means SiS chipset.

Oh well.

I believe in intel chipset for intel CPUs, VIA or nVidia chipsets for
AMD cpus.

The driver you should need is sis900, and at least in the source I have
handy (2.6.4) it is listed in the sis900 driver file (VIA 6103 PHY)
which matches what Asus lists in the board specifications.  So as long
as the kernel is new enough (not sure how new a 2.4 kernel you need) it
will work with the sis900 driver.

RedHat 9 isn't that new anymore.

Lennart Sorensen