meeting topic for this month

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 14:36:38 UTC 2004

I've offered to talk about documentation and have yet to hear back from
whoever it is that coordinates the TLUG meetings. This was my initial
proposal which was sent March 11...I'm still happy to do this presentation
(and am already scheduled to give a slightly modified talk to the NewTLUG
group).

Could someone please confirm with me on whether or not they would like me
to give this presentation? I don't mind if the answer is "no", but I'd at
least like to get a response back to my offer. ;)

I'm currently a technical reviewer (and author) for The Linux
Documentation Project. I'm happy to cover the following topics:
        - doccos: what makes a good technical documentation author, and why you
          should worship the ground they walk on (ahem)
        - writing a good HOWTO
        - markup languages (specifically DocBook XML 4.x)
        - system configuration for DocBook->HTML and DocBook->PDF
          transformations
        - submitting documents to The Linux Documentation Project
        - other tools your company may want to use for documenting internal
          processes (specifically Wikis and blogs)

thanks,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin