Modifying key bindings in xfwm4

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 02:35:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:42:37 -0500
Anton Markov disseminated the following:

> I have another question: How can I set xmodmap to read and execute my
> .xmodmaprc file when I launch XFCE4 (or any other window manager)?

Depends on how you start X. Personally, I start X from text mode like so:

(in my .bashrc, cuz I'm lazy)

alias x="startx"

so that 'x' calls my ~/.xinitrc

If you start X this way, your ~/.xinitrc would look something like this:

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4 --daemon
xftaskbar4 &
xfce4-iconbox &
xfdesktop &
xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc
exec xfce4-panel

If you do a graphical login, I'm not so sure.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046