Wireless network (WEP security)

Ken Wolstencroft kenw-9hyeSw/pbO7e9xe1eoZjHA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 19:12:45 UTC 2003

The better solution is to use 802.1x security, but you will need a radius
server.

The new WPA standard will solve alot of security issues by using TKIP
instead of WEP. It also allows shared key authentication between Access
Point and station.

We have launched a new wifi service in the UK to address these issues for
end users. We operate authentication and management systems, so that home or
office users have access to the the higher security methods without the
expense of owning the infrastructure themselves (www.myzones.com).

All the best,
Ken