Pings

Gardner Bell gbell72-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 13:42:02 UTC 2003

I've killed off icmp echo requests long ago actually, I just find it more a
nuisance that these people persist daily and nightly to find an opening in my
firewall.  And as Mr Sonne suggested I'd much rather have someone scan my entire
network with -PO before pinging me because it seems to be slowing my network
down at times to a complete crawl with them occurring as often as they do.
Thanks for your replies

--
Gardner Bell - personal site www.gamecraze.net
GPG Fingerprint