Question regarding dynamic DNS

Andy Jack f.e.jack-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 13:47:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:34:31AM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Kerry Panchoo wrote:
> > i used dyndns.org- with one of the automatic update clients.. works
> > pretty good. you could donate $30.00 and get your own toplevel domain
> > like www.yourname.com etc.. i had that for a while-- no problems with
>
> That's actually a 2nd level domain (often abbreviated to 2ld).  Getting
> your own top level domain (tld) would be like getting .kerry :)

Yes, you can get your own .dyndns.org from the DynDNS folks, but with
the $30 donation ($US I might add) you get enrolled in the mydyndns
program which offers, among other things, the ability to delegate your
tld to their nameservers.  DynDNS isn't a domain registrar Kerry, they
just provide the DNS service and the dynamic updating ability.

Andy