.sxw files now .zip

Daniel Armstrong offshoredan-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 04:30:11 UTC 2003

After my latest 'apt-get dist-upgrade' on this box,
all my .sxw files in KDE now identify themselves as
.zip archives. The icon has changed, and a left-click
on the file to open in OpenOffice instead displays a
breakdown of the file into its xml components -
meta-inf, content.xml, layout-cache, meta.xml,
settings.xml, and styles.xml .

Inside OpenOffice itself, going to the menubar and
'File/Open..' and selecting the file will open it and
display it correctly formatted.

What do I need to fix so that .sxw file's icons
identify as OpenOffice files, and open the correct
corresponding application (as they did previously)? A
search through Google Groups identified a similar
problem last year with .sxw files under Gnome, with no
solution at the time of posting.

Thanks for any help... Daniel