latin 1, xfig?

David Tilbrook dt-hKuJ9UrQZDM at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 00:14:10 UTC 2003

David Tilbrook wrote:

> xfig has support for the Latin-1 characters in that one
> can use the Atl key followed by a two letter encoding to
> yield characters in the non-ascii range.  For example
> Alt-SO yields § (the section sign).
>
> Q: Does anyone know of other programs that use the same
>    encoding?  Is it some sort of standard?
>
> Q: Does anyone know the xfig encoding for the acute accent
>    ´ decimal 180, octal 264?  I've been able to map 0241
>    through 0376, but 0264 eludes me.
>
> -- david

xfig 3.2.2 Text entry allowed Alt-XX to get special latin-1
characters.  It has nothing to do with xmodmap (which incidently
has the most obfuscating man page ever).

See: http://www.xfig.org/userman/drawing.html#compose-char

Having not received an answer from tlug, I wrote to Brian
Smith (xfig creator) and got the answer I wanted.

Thanks anyway.

-- david