virus annoyance

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 13:25:54 UTC 2003

On Monday 29 September 2003 09:21, bob findlay wrote:

> I'm still on a dialup service.      Unfortunately as far as I can tell
> Kmail doesn't have a way to clip emails with attachments as Eudora did.

Sounds like a useful feature, unfortunately all of the pop clients that I am
familiar with are pretty dumb.  I don't see why a pop client can't let you
preview messages before downloading and then give you the option to download
or delete on a case-by-case basis.  I'd be interested to hear if any Linux
pop clients let you manage mail more interactively instead of the typical
download all/delete all.

>  With the rash of Microsoft virus emails lately I'm having to wait
> considerable time to download all the virus attachments.     This morning
> alone I got 6Meg worth.

If you're ISP has a webmail service you could preview your messages from there
before downloading them with kmail.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux