Balsa

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 27 11:39:00 UTC 2003

Ok Austin, you started it... ;-)

Trying to build the Gnome2 version of Balsa, it is not finding my
libdirs, which I am used to in Mandrake, but I tried:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/

but still:

configure: error: Library requirements (
glib-2.0
libgnome-2.0
libgnomeui-2.0
gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0
gnome-vfs-2.0
gnome-vfs-module-2.0
 libgtkhtml-2.0

even though:

[joehill at node1:/usr/local/lib]>$rpm -qa | grep gtk+
libgtk+2.0_0-devel-2.2.1-2mdk
libgtk+2.0_0-2.2.1-2mdk
libgtk+1.2-devel-1.2.10-32mdk
libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-32mdk
gtk+mdk-0.1.6-14mdk
libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-devel-2.2.1-2mdk
gtk+2.0-2.2.1-2mdk
libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.2.1-2mdk

I realize I'm probably still going to need some more devel libs, like
the gnome-vfs stuff, but I know I have the necessary gtk+ devel libs so
I'd like to get ./configure to at least see those first.

if you've got 2 minutes, any help appreciated, thanks!

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046