What to do with dead monitors

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 26 14:19:59 UTC 2003

At 12:30 PM 25/09/2003 -0400, Marcus Brubaker wrote:
>Hey everyone.
>
>I just had two of my monitors die within a week of each other.  I've
>gotten new monitors to replace them now, but I don't know what to do
>with the old ones.  Does anyone know of a local CRT monitor recycling
>program?  IBM has a program oriented towards businesses where they'll
>take everything and recycle it for $30 but I'm not sure if it's
>available in Canada and I'd prefer free.  Any suggestions anyone?

Toronto has had "Environment Day" every weekend some place since June where
people can drop off things like plastic shopping bags, non recyclable
plastics, polystyrene objects, books, clothes, computer equipment, and
various other things that really should not go into landfills. I believe
the last one for the year is on Saturday at MacGregor Park Arena in
Scarborough. You should be able to by looking at the City of Toronto web
site <http://city.toronto.on.ca> or by calling. You might be able to drop
it off at transfer stations if the Environment Day events are not
convenient for you.

Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation