laptop with international warranty & support

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 26 12:07:17 UTC 2003

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > E-machines has only popped up recently in the retail chain. There is an
> > after market for IBM, Compaq, HP and parts and service for them are not
> > difficult to obtain. Who knows what E-machines laptops will be like? If we
> > can use their desktop machines as a point of reference, they will
> > essentially be disposable machines.

> Yeah, I remember the emachines desktops.  Supposedly the company has
> gone through a major overhaul a couple of years ago, and is pretty
> good now.  Time will tell of course.

They have a laptop that looks quite tempting; it would surely be nice if
they have gotten past "disposability."

Vis-a-vis laptops, I was always under the impression that there were
hardly any of the "manufacturers" that actually were the _true
manufacturers_ of the laptops.  And that they are actually built by
companies in Asia whose names you wouldn't likely recognize, but who
then relabel them for Dell, Compaq, HP, and such.  See:
<http://www.laptopworldwide.com/>

If eMachines are buying their laptops from the same Taiwanese
manufacturers that Compaq, IBM, HP, and such buy from, there is no
reason to expect them to be "disposables."
--
output = reverse("ac.notelrac.teneerf" "@" "454aa")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/postgresql.html