What to do with dead monitors

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 26 00:02:08 UTC 2003

I don't think so. Both of them are old and have taken more abuse than is
reasonable.  The one is a 21" Viewsonic that I bought refurbished about
6 years ago.  It's been moved 4 times (3 of which were half way across
the continent and one of which was done by a freight carrier *wince*)
and taken on a lot of car trips.  (I used it to head a machine I was
DJing with for a short period.)  And beyond that the usage time for it
was significant.

The other didn't completely die, but the sides of its picture became
very "curvy" and the image was shrunk a bit.  It's also fairly old,
maybe 6-8 years and has been moved more than is really healthy.

It's possible that the power is a little funky here.  We're in the
middle of downtown TO, although I guess that doesn't really say a whole
lot.  Any way to figure out whether the power is off and if so, any
suggestions on how to manage?  The power strips aren't the most
luxurious but they're functional.