virus scanner for linux

Kerry Panchoo Kpanchoo-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 21:40:00 UTC 2003

as we all know- windows viruses cant run on linux.. but very often we
get email and files on our linux machines which may have viruses that we
dont know about- these files-- viruses and all can be easily transferred
over the network to a windows machine and well...... if your favourite
anti-virus scanner does not scan it, then you could say bye bye to lots
of things.. so my question is- are there any free OSS virus scanners
that scans files for windows viruses?
there are a few Linux AVs online.. whats your experience been like with
them? who seem to have their house in order? who should i consider
running on my linux boxes to keep the windows part of my network very happy?

Kerry
ps. these days there seem to be a lot of spam with viruses.. pretty
annoying!