What to do with dead monitors

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 16:09:51 UTC 2003

I advise *not* throwing them off a tall building, or at least not from
your building.  While the the bang and resulting scatter is cool, the
neighbour complaints are ungood, even with a good ground crew.
Of course, I'd *never* do such a thing myself.

Kareem

Marcus Brubaker said:
> Hey everyone.
>
> I just had two of my monitors die within a week of each other.  I've
> gotten new monitors to replace them now, but I don't know what to do
> with the old ones.  Does anyone know of a local CRT monitor recycling
> program?  IBM has a program oriented towards businesses where they'll
> take everything and recycle it for $30 but I'm not sure if it's
> available in Canada and I'd prefer free.  Any suggestions anyone?
>
> --
> Marcus Brubaker <marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>

      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611
  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act,
  but a habit.
    -- Aristotle