Using this list with Gmane

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 03:27:55 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Tom wrote:

> Since this list is moderated I need to subscribe to it in order to post.

Hi.  That's the definition of a closed list.  If the list was moderated it
would mean that one or more designated people must authorised all posts
before they can go to the list.  Lists can be moderated but open, or
unmoderated & closed (as is the norm today) or any other combination.

Unless I've slipped into a parrellel universe, this list is not moderated.

> Mailman allows me to subscribe to the list but not receive messages.

As for mailman, yes I agree.  Alot more manageable from a user & admin
perspective.  I'm a sysadmin for Humbug (http://www.humbug.org.au) and
we're migrating to mailman, urged along by our moderators (some Humbug
lists _are_ moderated, and they are all closed).

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net