Looking for computer Co-op placement (warning this is a job seaker posting)

Tom tom-mQDsgmoLwK3SUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 04:48:38 UTC 2003

"Ralph Doncaster" <ralph@ gÃ
¤;†€3 Êvgi
±> wrote in message news:Pine.LNX.4.51.0309242358350.30504-aSG3JAnhR7atq2lpoERdew at public.gmane.org
> If you're smart, hard-working, posess interpersonal skills, and are good
> with Linux you'll have no trouble finding work.  If you hold an MCSE and
> program in VB I'd say a career change is in order...

Not true.  In software development there are no jobs in Linux at all.

Most of the postings I see are for Java or C# and database skills.  The C++ jobs I see are for Visual C++, UNIX (usually Solaris) and embedded.  You might find a job that will let you program on Linux (like Java, Perl, etc.) but you won't find anything that let's you do real Linux work.

Tom.